Stocks to Buy Today - Stock Message Board, Discussion Forum, Blog
$SVU $MU $DNDN
Bought all 3 after hours as medium term swing trades, Looking for 5-15% targets. a bit risky here but the reward potential is big even beyond the targets if the market stays strong.
These are technical picks looking for breakout, For me these would be medium term swing trade's as if the market breaks outs, these will potential start a longer term uptrend and i want to position myself for it.
Use stops according to your risk tolerance, I plan on holding them for quite a bit as i like the companies fundamentally, a lot of catalysts in the pipeline, strong technically as well as fundamentally, however we do need the market along for them to produce big gains.
Most of my picks are confirmed triggered setups, however these setups have not triggered yet and they are anticipatory trades, so me might have some ups and downs and a rough ride before they shoot up. I would classify them as core trades, My swing trades are supposed to last from 5days to 2 weeks however the timeframe for them to produce is beyond 1-2 weeks unless we get an unexpected move up. However My swing account is up over triple digit % from november to february so i do not mind taking a little risk for the potential big reward so use your own judgement .
Here is my full take on all 3
The reason i bought those 3 were because the market was showing a lot of strength and the QQQ have been stuck in a range since a month suggesting a possible breakout or breakdown. I am expecting a breakout in the market and when that happens small caps which are in a uptrend or are basing for breakout a long with the market will breakout with it and perhaps even more. If you have a look at the charts you will find that SVU and MU are both basing for breakout. MU indeed did breakout and was really strong on Friday but did not end strong. MU and SVU still both look strong and MU is a few % above my entry and SVU is around my entry right now though MU SVU and DNDN all looked good today but ended weak with the market in general. DNDN was a anticipatory SBS setup which i anticipated would trigger on the day of my entry as there was a triggered entry earlier which failed with the market so i expected it to trigger the next day, However the next day of my entry DNDN was downgraded which caused the trigger to fail, if the downgrade had not come through DNDN was off to the races as a SBS setup. Good thing is that even after the downgrade DNDN is holding up really well and ended today really strong with a bottoming tail/hammer candle and is above the previous pivot low. DNDN also has 30% float short which means that 30% of all its shares are short, which means that at any new hint of uptrend or any hint of good news will cause the shorts to cover their short shares which in turn would cause a short squeeze and give a big rally. DNDN did okay today considering the weak market, I would consider a stop out only if it broke the trend using prior pivots.
I'm still holding SVU until it makes a move outside of the channel.
DNDN I'm looking to buy around 6 if it has a solid move up.
As for MU, I'm not crazy about the chart. It's 52 week high is 9 which we are only about a dollar away from and the 5 year high is $12.
Just two cents from a noob investor.
I added another swing yesterday MKTG, looking for gap fill to the 8.50-8.60ish level
for the full coverage on this check out the blog post i did today. Again this is not for the risk averse, R/R potential is 3:1 so i would take it anyday but do your own DD
Took 1/2 profits with $MU $8.19 which was bought at $7.89 a while back. Not the ideal target i would like but taking some off due to market.
Will keep you posted on my other positions.
Added HPQ today Long at 19.69 Target around 20.20 area with a stop under 19.50
Also shorted RVBD a while back at 15.90 and WTW around 42.91
Thinking about a penny stock IVAN, will keep you posted if i take a position on it
MKTG hasn't moved much, since it moved $7.50->7.80 on Friday, been stuck around there since. Do you still think it will jump to $8.50?
What kind of entry are you thinking for IVAN? The stock has an interesting history as it has been up over $3 and down to 0.30 over the last 5 years.
the Strategy on MKTG is a gap strategy, so the pattern is good and it is valid, Infact the pattern has become more potent by it basing. Also the stock has relative strength to the market, sector and other stocks. day before the market sold off hard along with all stocks MKTG did not move that suggest strength and the buyers absorbing the supply coming in. As i said this is a gap strategy with a small stop and a big target, So i have set my target and stop loss order in the platform and we will see what happens. I typically do not evaluate my trades on a per trade basis. I evaluate my trades over a sample size of 20. And typically i have a batting average of 83% with a 2.79 sharpe ratio, So i just take every trade my strategy gives me and the probability is what makes money for me.
IVAN I am thinking an entry around 0.63-0.65 area with a stop under 0.62 but not a stop loss order as these stocks can typically take your our stops. Mental stop on this one. Targeting 1-3$ On this one. so low risk high reward, if it stops out then oh well if it doesnt see whatever target works for you.
When you say gap strategy, are you talking a move to $8 or potentially higher than that? Jumped to just over $8 on Feb 21, but pulled back to pretty much the current price.
I'm a bit of a newb at reading charts and understanding terminology, thanks for your help in explaining.
Yeah My Target for MKTG is $8.50. But I think it has room for $8.60-$9 But i would take targets at 8.50, So in essence by getting in here you are risking 0.37cents to make 0.73 cents . I would take this trade any day, and i did. I might add later on this
I will sell MU second half just under 8.50 or maybe lower if market shows uncertainty or weakness. This should get us just over 5%. Would have liked more but the market is really just blahh no other word lol.
SVU looking good will sell half just over 4 pop. and second half will let it ride to just under $5 if market can stay strong otherwise will evaluate on the go. Stop loss is $3.61. This should get us around 20-30% or so depending on how you manage, But I am in with Big size so i might take the gains early but you should follow the plan if you are in with medium or small size.
DNDN was one that did not work that well, would have been off to the races but was slapped with downgrade and a bad market and the biotech sector. I am waiting for strength and will average down with new size to bring my average down to mid/high fives and get out on the next spike, Waiting for a catalyst in a few days which might give it a boost for short term,. However DNDN is one that i do not like that much anymore, If you are not in then its still good to get in and sell on the counter rally bounce. If you were in for before either keep a stop under $5 or average down to get your average to mid 5's and then sell on any counter rally.
MKTG a little down from the alert but chart still looks poised to go higher technically. Targeting 8.50s with a stop under $7.40
PAMT worked well around 10-11% gain looking to get back in on a low 10's dip
Currently in WTW and RVBD Short. Shorted WTW at 42.90 covered 1/3 yesterday at 42.01 still holding 2/3 position short
RVBD shorted at 15.90 Looking good, still holding full position
Long HPQ at 19.69 Target $20 for 1/2 and 20.20 for 2/2 position with a stop under 19.50
Watch MU and RVBD Today. We will lock in profits with the MU position today.
Also will take 1/2 position profits with RVBD today.
Watch SVU for $4 and lock in 1/2 or 1/3 here as well.
Nice one if anyone is in with me.