Stocks To Buy Forum

Stocks to Buy based on the Best Stock Market Research

Jim Cramer Stongly recommends CHK as one with the most up side with their new Utica Shale Find:

Chesapeake’s report went on to say that, “based upon its proprietary geoscientific, petrophysical and engineering research during the past two years and the results of six horizontal and nine vertical wells it had drilled, Chesapeake believes that its industry leading 1.25 million net leasehold acres in the Utica Shale play could be worth $15-20 billion in increased value to the company.” Chesapeake is currently drilling in the Utica Shale with five operated rigs and will increase that to 16-20 rigs by year-end 2012. Chesapeake is currently conducting a competitive process to monetize a portion of its Utica Shale leasehold position and stated in its conference call last Friday that they expected the Utica Shale acreage to significantly increase in value as they continue to drill and derisk the acreage. 

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43973333

http://www.gurufocus.com/news/140231/chesapeake-energys-recent-anno...

What are your guys thoughts?

Tags: CHK, chesapeake, energy.

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was looking at this also and it sounds promising. However I won't chase it and Cramer pumped it last night so it may move up a bit. I like it under 34 or even as low as 32. If that happens 

Utica Shale may become big - you might want to take a look at other Utica Shale companies such as Range Resources (RRC) or Rex Energy (REXX)

http://oilshalegas.com/uticashale.html

One of the best companies I can think of, and my favorite energy co, I do think Cramer puts the CEO on too much though I see the guy at least once a month on Mad Money talking about Natgas. I'm waiting for a pullback b4 I join in the fun

My dad says this will be a 30-40% gain within 6 - 12 months.

I would buy some, but I have my funds in higher risk/reward positions at the moment (FAZ, AGQ, TIV)

also if it takes a long while for natural gas to really take off, maybe the boom will be later on.

I suppose it depends on energy demand and oil price, and politics.

either way, its a solid buy (my dad is never ever wrong)

(can try to wait for slight pullback if you want)

WPRT could be a profitable long term play once it bottoms

and also TIV seems to have made its bottom and could be ready to run with the right catalyst

its a decent buy. don't think it will be that huge though
BEXP, KOG, CHK are great buys when you see the market tanking.  BEXP made a huge reversal from below $25 to $27 in a few hours yesterday
What do you guys think aout CHK at these levels?
October 18, 2011 - Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) stock downgraded to Neutral from Overweight at JP Morgan

RSS

Subscription Service

Top Stocks to Buy on Dips: 2014

Noodles & Co (NDLS)
Yelp (YELP)
Twitter (TWTR)
Facebook (FB)
Tesla (TSLA)
Zillow (Z)
SolarCity (SCTY)
Small Cap 3x Bull (TNA)

Twitter - Free Stock Alerts