Stocks To Buy Forum

Stocks to Buy based on the Best Stock Market Research

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) is one of the best small/mid cap oil stocks you can buy.  The company drills for oil in the Bakken Shale located in North Dakota ( http://oilshalegas.com/bakkenshale.html ) where it currently has 155,000 acres.

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) stock recently hit a 52 week high located at $10.41.  Since that high, the stock has pulled back to $9 per share.   While the chart doesn't look so good in the short term, KOG is a strong buy from here on out for the long term.  I am hoping to get a pullback to around $7 or less by the summer of 2012.  Historically, between August -September has been a great time to buy the stock.  This doesn't mean the same will happen in 2012 so you might want to get your feet wet if we see the low $8's.

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) is a volatile stock so you do have to be able to stomach the swings.   Volatility can help you accumulate more shares though if you plan to trade it.

Here is a list of past, present, and future earnings

2010 - $0.03 EPS

2011 - $0.23 EPS Expected - $0.12 of that is expected 2/28/12

2012 - $1.09 EPS Expected

Revenue is expected to grow from $136 million in 2011 to $675 million in 2012.

With a stock price of $9.04. Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) is trading at 8.3 times 2012 earnings.  I expect earnings to grow at a fast pace in 2013 and 2014 but not as fast as they did from 2011 to 2012.

By 2013-2014, Oil should be $120-$140 if not higher.  Even if oil remains between $90-$100, I am sticking by my price target due to earnings growth alone.

KOG 2013/2014 Price Target - $20-$30 per share

I spoke about this in chat the other day but I wanted to put this on a forum thread for everyone to look at.

Views: 48006

Reply to This

Stocks I'm Watching in 2017: TNA SHAK YINN UDOW SPXL SGY CLR and more...

Replies to This Discussion

KOG is a lot better than HDY by a mile because it is proven, and they have proven reserves.  HDY has unproven reserves which makes it a lot riskier.  If HDY hits oil, it will probably go back above $5.  It is in the $2's and $3's because nobody knows what will happen.

Should have bought in this morning, but I'll wait for that dip back down that hopefully comes along :)

Dips of KOG are being bought.  KOG is at HOD.

One thing I forgot about regarding KOG is the fact that weather all over the US has been on the mild side this winter.  This will help KOG be able to drill more wells potentially.  Usually they run into problems due to the huge freezing conditions in North Dakota and Montana.

That $8.68 low this morning should hold for awhile. 

Volume today has been very descent.

Yes volume has been through the roof lately, a lot of institutional investors are trading and accumulating shares.

I bought KOG at $8.95, sold at $9.02....did very well.  I am looking for another dip to buy for a trade.

A 7 cent difference?  Even if you put $10K in, you would have made a profit of about $78, excluding commissions.  Is that really all you took away from that?

I usually trade in 5,000-10,000 share lots

Ah, wow.  You had  a lot more invested in that then I thought, and way more than I could afford! :)

This stock is growing like APPL for real but with twice the beta in share price. Iam still accumulating shares buying dips selling rally's . In my opinion bears will make at least one more hard core(feel the pain) drive down and do some price discovery on the down side before it breaks out of descending wedge  ha ha ant going shake me out    

Yea KOG and AAPL are my two stocks to buy in 2012 on a dip.  I agree, I think there will be a shake out at some point.  However, it has been very warm in North Dakota which tells me they are doing a lot more drilling up there than normal.  No winter freeze halt.

RSS

Stocks to Buy 2017

Stocks to Buy 2017

Small Cap Bull 3x (TNA)
Shake Shack (SHAK)
Stocks to Watch - 2018
Penny Stocks - 2018

Twitter - Free Stock Alerts

© 2017   Created by Stocks To Buy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service