Stocks To Buy Forum

Stocks to Buy based on the Best Stock Market Research

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) is one of the best small/mid cap oil stocks you can buy.  The company drills for oil in the Bakken Shale located in North Dakota ( http://oilshalegas.com/bakkenshale.html ) where it currently has 155,000 acres.

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) stock recently hit a 52 week high located at $10.41.  Since that high, the stock has pulled back to $9 per share.   While the chart doesn't look so good in the short term, KOG is a strong buy from here on out for the long term.  I am hoping to get a pullback to around $7 or less by the summer of 2012.  Historically, between August -September has been a great time to buy the stock.  This doesn't mean the same will happen in 2012 so you might want to get your feet wet if we see the low $8's.

Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) is a volatile stock so you do have to be able to stomach the swings.   Volatility can help you accumulate more shares though if you plan to trade it.

Here is a list of past, present, and future earnings

2010 - $0.03 EPS

2011 - $0.23 EPS Expected - $0.12 of that is expected 2/28/12

2012 - $1.09 EPS Expected

Revenue is expected to grow from $136 million in 2011 to $675 million in 2012.

With a stock price of $9.04. Kodiak Oil & Gas (KOG) is trading at 8.3 times 2012 earnings.  I expect earnings to grow at a fast pace in 2013 and 2014 but not as fast as they did from 2011 to 2012.

By 2013-2014, Oil should be $120-$140 if not higher.  Even if oil remains between $90-$100, I am sticking by my price target due to earnings growth alone.

KOG 2013/2014 Price Target - $20-$30 per share

I spoke about this in chat the other day but I wanted to put this on a forum thread for everyone to look at.

Views: 48006

Reply to This

Stocks I'm Watching in 2017: TNA SHAK YINN UDOW SPXL SGY CLR and more...

Replies to This Discussion

Bought in today at 8.9..a little higher at the end of the day but I will buy more on a dip

KOG appears to be resuming the recent downtrend.  Earnings are due out February 28, 2012 after the close.  Support is located at $8.65.

Tim, you think it's going to be near or below 8 near term? This downtrend seems a bit too long. It almost oversold territory, but it keeps going down.

It's really hard to say, earnings will be a big mover.  The 200 day moving average is down at $7

I'm looking to get into KOG for a long term hold this summer. They had hedging problems in the past and so i wouldn't be surprised at a miss this quarter. Long term it has great upside potential. Even with a low estimate of 1.22 EPS for 2013 with a conservative 10-12x multiple you're looking at a nice $12-14 pt. I'd be a buyer below $7

That's what im worry about, a bit of hiccup with earnings, KOG will be down a lot more.

There's no guarantee of a drop, depends on your risk/reward profile. If you're worried about it running away, maybe buy 1/3 or 1/2 a position now and wait. If it goes up at least you can ride it a bit. Otherwise you can avg down afterwards. If KOG paid me a dividend I would gladly go in now and risk waiting

im already in since Nov. Ave $8.30ish. Why didn't I take profit when it was over $10, I don't know. Im holding it and will add more if it goes down.

Tim when are earnings coming out? Do you think they will do well and its smart to buy now or better to wait afterwards? Also is kog a better buy at this price or hdy at its price that its at now? What do you think?

KOG Earnings come out February 28, 2012 after the close.  Estimates came down a little, between $0.10-$0.12 ear expected.  I think it's actually $0.10.  Last year the company had some hedging which hurt earnings.  I think the weakness we are seeing is anticipation of this and the fact that they stock is below It's 50 day moving average.  I am hoping for a retest of $7 this year so I can really load up.

I got at $8.66, I guess I should of came back here before ordering, I could sell now for a profit, but I my balance is below 25k on my account, so I have to wait till tomorrow. 

Can anyone answer this

I have a question on the recent secondary of shares issued in Nov 11 when is the lockup of those shares up? . I would go a long with a chance of a miss on earnings, but with average per barrel prices up in 2011and better than expected weather = better field working conditions hence  guidance might blow them away     Iam long with cost average of 9.3  and will be adding more 

RSS

Stocks to Buy 2017

Stocks to Buy 2017

Small Cap Bull 3x (TNA)
Shake Shack (SHAK)
Stocks to Watch - 2018
Penny Stocks - 2018

Twitter - Free Stock Alerts

© 2017   Created by Stocks To Buy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service