Stocks to Buy Today - Stock Message Board, Discussion Forum, Blog
Bought PAMT (Parametric Sound Corp) on Friday at the close for the swing account. Twitter rumors of 6 licensing deals, even one of them would be big to make this spike big.
SEC filings the CEO mentions major deals on the way to be announced end of march. over 5x volume was done on the move up a few days back suggesting institutional knowledge of this.
Rumors of a deal with McDonald on the way which obviously would be big for a small company like PAMT. Low volume and spready which means risky but at the same time can move up huge with a blink of an eye.
This one is a low volume stock, so be careful. But if you can hold it through this month and possibly march, this deal will be huge, However do your own DD
A old press release also states that a PAMT board of director was also a big MCD director so it is possible that all these rumor's are true.
I'm taking a little risk here for the potential reward. mention of 7 deals, even 1 of them and we're going to be rewarded big with this one. However only use small share size since the volume is low. I only take 2 of these a year and I am perfectly fine with losing my money on them. You only need 1 of these to work to make a big reward. Anyways it is risky due to the spread and the volume so use small size as i mentioned if you intend to get in it.
Yeah I did see that but i am not too concerned with this Since the bulk of transactions were made by 2 people. One of the person is just an officer and the other is a beneficial 10% owner so this could just be profit taking for him. I do not factor in insider sales unless it is from a CFO CEO COO and the value is in millions.
This news was also a recent rumor and the date of their sales was earlier this month out of which 1 was a option exercise.
Another news which should be good for PAMT is this http://finance.yahoo.com/news/parametric-sound-corporation-files-us...
But this is a low volume stock which means it could move really quickly, so i might be trading in an out of my position since i do not really hold stocks a lot and i like to get my trades financed free by trading in and out.
I will keep you posted on my position.
Would you buy market price on Monday or wait for a pullback in pps?
To be honest, Its really hard to say. I myself would never buy it at market since its low volume with a few cents spread so buying at market you might not get the best price, on the other hand if you wait for a pullback you might never get one, since saturday and sunday this stock has got a lot of hype from other chatrooms and alert services as well as i noticed, so the stock has surely caught up with the twitter chatter etc so this might be on fire perhaps on Monday. Might get a chance to get this during lunch where times are much more slower. Buying at open would be a bit risky since i bought in low 10's and after hours it hit 10.75 or so which suggest a possible gap up or something. I would put a limit order at your preferred price to see if you get filled.
Obviously if the deal gets announced then saving a few pennies would not really mean much since the stock will pop in dollars not cents. But on the other hand as a trader your job is not to chase and get the best fill possible. See what works for you according to your risk tolerance.
Okay so this indeed will be on fire now, Just came across this on my twitter feed, Looks like the penny stock guy tim sykes did a research report on it which is really bullish and he picked this as his top pick (clearly he is long as well) so perhaps getting in earlier and selling in to the spike would be the most reasonable thing to do. We might pop into mid 11's on Monday if this picks up which it looks like it sure will http://www.timothysykes.com/2013/02/this-dlb-imax-wannabe-will-be-t...
Took some profits here at 11 average just now. Nice quick again above resistance. This should move higher, I will look to add soon
Out PAMT Second half 11.38 average
For now, I did mention i keep trading my positions around. I trade in 10k sizes so with a spready low volume stock like PAMT, i have to trade around my positions, otherwise volume dries, spreads widen up and i can los everything quickly. Hard to sell 10k at once so i have to trade around. Looking to get back in.
I like to trade around and finance my trades for free
During lunch time you typically get good opportunity to get back in. I will get back in when the time is right, will let you know. These stocks move quick and if i buy and sell 10k that typically moves the spreads a bit. I was in on friday at 10.30 so selling at 11.15 average on 10k shares was a great trade for me